History of the College
Coláiste Iósaef was established in 1998 and represents a coming together of the two traditions in post-primary education – the secondary and the vocational.
The current school was created as Coláiste Iósaef Community College from an amalgamation of St. Joseph’s Secondary School and St. Peter’s College. The college sits on the outskirts of Kilmallock, a town where the history of education dates back to a collegiate monastery built in the town almost five hundred years ago.
The Sisters of Charity of St. Paul the Apostle founded the Secondary Boarding School in 1933. In 1998 the school building was expanded to create the building we use today. As a listed building, we do our utmost to preserve the integrity of this rare and beautiful building and our students find themselves lucky to attend school in such a notable learning environment.